Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Friday, June 30, 2017

Game of Thrones, Dyeing Yarn and Projects Galore (Busy Gal here).

Instagram: Tangledmania
RavelryTangledmania
Facebook: Tangledmania Blog
Facebook: Knit & Stitch - Crafty Sisters


  A little over two weeks until the new season of Game of Thrones starts. I wonder if there are any KAL's going on that day haha. 

  Yes, I am still obsessed with dyeing yarn and manage to get some dyeing in every weekend (so far). This past weekend was an attempt to make self-striping in Wonder Woman colors. Not sure if I managed, but will be cast on a scarf with the wonder woman W in it (wish me luck, it looks great color-wise).

  Then I decided to do some yellow. I have yellow dye in the sample pack I got for christmas, though not my favorite color. What the heck, right? They came out lovely, with one having a little more orange (I apparently didn't wipe down the pot well enough and a drop of pink/red was still on the side of it). But very summer flower fun!


  One challenge that I had this month was to double knit this square for my Geek A Long Blanket (and for a defense against the dark arts class in the Harry Potter Knitting/Crocheting House Cup). The big challenge was that this was not straight double knitting.

  With normal double knitting, you have pairs and the first stitch in the pair corresponds to the appropriate color in the chart you are following, then you do the second stitch in the pair (a purl) in the other color, always. Well, I wanted the S of the superman to be fully reversible. You can find the chart HERE. And for good measure, if you are interested in doing your own Geek-A-Long Blanket, go HERE. This square was done in knitpicks.com swish worsted and size 4 needles.



  I've also been working on a baby blanket (had to kick my butt in gear as it's due before July 10th.. eek!!). It is called Under the Sea and is basically several squares with crocheted animals stitched on top. The pattern for all of the animals is pricey, not going to lie, but I anticipate making a few of these squares and framing them to hang in children's rooms. So hopefully worth the investment. Here is Mr. Crab, without his mouth.


  Lastly, yes, I'm still plugging away on the Joji shawl "Starting Point", the MKAL is officially over but I'm still plugging away and hope to finish it soon.



   Perhaps the shawl will be done next month, if I have some luck, or before the next MKAL I am participating in starts in August, that one is called Part of Your World by LilyGo. I have this gradient yarn that is 1200 yards, maybe I'll use it for this one, not completely sure. Perhaps I will try to dye it myself.

  In other news:

  Paperwork for the local fairs is due Monday, should I submit one of my finished pieces? I have no idea which one... Not sure on this one. 

   Goal for today? Get the registration ticket changed out lol.

Be Well, Happy Fourth of July, Happy Canada Day!

Jen
Tangledmania