Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Friday, May 26, 2017

(MKAL SPOILER) Joji's Mystery Wrap and Other Shawl Love

Instagram: Tangledmania
RavelryTangledmania
Facebook: Tangledmania Blog
Facebook: Knit & Stitch - Crafty Sisters

Funny story about this picture is that I have really considered this myself. And I use circulars so double bonus of a garrote! Walking to a car in the dark by yourself is not for the faint of heart!

But in other news, next month is going to be super crazy so this weekend will hopefully be super crafty (which is relaxing for me). Lots of knitting, cross stitching and world of warcraft. 

I'm falling behind on the Joji Mystery Wrap by Joji Locatelli, but with the clues coming out every week (and me needing to pay attention to other HP Knitting/Crocheting House Cup Projects) it is just the way it is. But still loving my colors and the relaxing nature of the pattern, though I'm dreading a bit if there is kitchner stitch galore in the end... (yarn is knitpicks.com stroll tonal in raven, train station, frozen, pearlescent, and pacific).


Oy the endings! (Twist off "Oy the Poodles" from Gilmore Girls).

A Latte Can Happen, by Erica Jackofsky, is one of the projects that I knew would challenge me, and I admit I was a little intimidated because of the bad reviews. Problem number 1 was that it was so tight on my needles at first it was rather unpleasant to do, but it has become considerably easier. Next, I noticed that I was not doing the cables as charted... And I don't care because I agree with the way I'm doing them.. But I did message the designer about this.. 


I hope this photo is okay. Dark yarn is hard to get clearly with my cell phone. (yarn is from knitpicks.com in stroll tonal inverness)

It is nice to have a project you can carry around, and Dotted Rays by Stephen West has been that project for me. It is really a lovely project and though I'm not a huge fan of the yarn color, I think it will work nicely for this project and someone will hopefully enjoy it. (yarn is from celestial strings, colorway unknown, shufflesock)


In Other News:
   Life is life. There are good times and bad times. But I've made some very healthy steps towards being more social and developing a healthy community to support me. It's not always easy, I don't always know when to reach out or how to reach out. But I'm learning and that is a big step for me. 

  Next month is going to be crazy, with possibly two weekends I could be selling at, then it will slow down to once a month until the November/December I think. Yay for being a vendor!

   But, I have my cross stitch (with little progress the last week lol), always my knitting and this weekend a ton of crocheting (will try to take pictures to show off next week). Also I have my amazing and sweet daughters, they really are just the most amazing souls I have ever known. I hope I don't fail them as a mother.

 Step by step
Reaching out so tentatively
The floor trembles below.
They make it look
Just entirely too easy
But for me it's just a terror.
To reach out
With confidence 
And with assurance.
To feel deserving
This is the very problem
That my spirit is trying to resolve.
But with each breath
I take another step
And the floor firms up beneath.
With each step
My confidence grows
And my anxiety diminishes.
I do deserve
This feeling that is growing
To feel love in a community.
So step by step
I reach out more calmly
And the floor calms beneath my feet.

Be Well!
Jen 
Tangledmania