Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Monday, May 15, 2017

Knitting with Startitis (Joji Mystery Wrap Spoilers)

Instagram: Tangledmania
RavelryTangledmania
Facebook: Tangledmania Blog
Facebook: Knit & Stitch - Crafty Sisters



The past few weeks have been pretty crazy, and my knitting (or lack of focus there-in) has really reflected that. My ability to stay on one project has pretty much taken a vacation (crafting ADD). 


To name just a few items, I have a knitted duck that I am almost finished with, just need to stuff the head and sew it all together (the beak has me nervous...). There is also a mystery knit a long (more about this in a minute), a Steven West pattern (apparently I love his patterns lol), and a vest that I started a year ago. 


I don't believe that I have ever done a pattern by Joji Locatelli, but I jumped on board with this Joji Mystery Wrap because the spirit (and startitis) moved me to add another WIP (work in progress) to my pile.


All of the yarn is from knitpicks.com and are stroll tonal colors. 1) Pearlescent, 2) Pacific, 3) Frozen, 4) Train Station, and 5) Raven. 

Seriously loving Pacific and Frozen together....


I am adoring walking around with Steven West's Dotted Rays shawl on my needles, fairly easy to work and a fun way to use this yarn up, when I was truly baffled on what to use it for. It's just not my cup of tea... The yarn is from Celestial Strings and is fingering weight... but I'm not sure of the color..





Finally, I've been working on this Vest called Tracery (designed by Kathleen Sperling) since last summer. Fairisle is not my strong suit, so this project has been both intimidating (instruction-wise) and challenging (getting those floats long enough). Hopefully it will block out enough to fit! Yarn is from knitpicks.com, Chroma fingering in black and avalon colors.
Stress has really thrown my crafting for a loop. And my blog writing, hence no post last week. I've been going to my new church, Unitarian Universalist, and finding great comfort with the kind and welcoming folks in Oneonta. Really very grateful to have found them and I look forward to continuing to go. 

So craft on, my good friends.
Craft on when you're sad,
Craft on when you're happy.
Push the needle through,
Grasp that crochet hook lightly,
Click those knitting needles together.
But craft on and make the world beautiful.

Be Well!
Jen
Tangledmania