Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Custom Order Knitting

Instagram: Tangledmania
RavelryTangledmania
Facebook: Tangledmania Blog
Facebook: Knit & Stitch - Crafty Sisters




Over the past week, and a few days, I have been working on a large version of the shawl Vertices Unite by Steven West, a custom order request from my etsy shop.
 
  At first, I honestly wasn't loving it, but I have come to enjoy the garter stitch study that it is, as well as the skill building of picking up stitches and leaving the ends of the rows ready to be worked with picked up stitches. Picking up stitches is so much easier than you think it will be, don't overthink it. :)


This project is simple enough that I can read my Kindle if I would like too, or watch tv. A good project.

Also, I am honing my skills in making the snagless stitch markers. Next time I will be using toothpicks to make cleaner ones.


In other news:
  Last week's job interview did not go well. It was not as was advertised at all and I was crushed. Cried all Wednesday night, much of Thursday, a little on Friday and Saturday. A tad bit on Sunday. A little cranky on Monday lol.

  So now I am in reroute mode, and yesterday I had my palm read, which was fun.

  I am also feeling as if I want to let some things go a little big, my hang-ups. My usual, play-it-safe strategy must be let go. So I started to do some of the things I have always wanted to do.

1) I dyed my hair (Splat, and the grey took it up beautifully!)

2) Painted my hair dye stained fingernails a cherry color I never have before:

These are pretty odd things for me to do, but they helped me not fall completely into a deep funk. I also got out of the house on both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday, I had a state exam to take, and made it with 2 minutes to spare haha. Sunday I took the girls to a birthday party and the store (twice because of an almost forgotten class project).

  So I did a pretty good job getting out instead of sitting at home and feeling sorry for myself. (pats self on back).

Not quite sure where I am going currently, so keeping myself busy with work, writing my novel (which is now fully outlined out WOOT!) and keeping my chin up for the future.

Be Well!
Jen
Tangledmania