Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Interviews, Moana, Sweaters and Rollercoasters (Phew!)

Instagram: Tangledmania
Ravelry: Tangledmania
Facebook: Tangledmania Blog
Facebook: Knit & Stitch - Crafty Sisters


Sometimes, I feel a little meme crazy. Also, I have the song "How Far I'll Go" from Moana stuck in my head as my youngest daughter wants to watch it every day. Could be worse, it's a good song.  :P And here it is, just in case you hadn't heard it.

 
 
  About 3 years ago, this May, I graduated with a Master's Degree in Counseling and Community College. While I studied this topic, my goal was to be a therapist and the work, internship and practicum just felt like where I needed/wanted to be. But when I graduated, I couldn't find a full time job to be licensed as a mental health counselor so as my heating oil disappeared that winter, and we were heating the house with space heaters (not suggested), I went back to work for the state (so grateful to them for hiring me as a support staff/secretary).
 
  Now, I have been applying to various counseling type jobs and my county had a position open that I applied to and they called me today for an interview.
 
 
All I can think about is how this is what I've been working for, what am I going to wear, what should I tell them about the mental health book I'm researching to write about reframing our life stories to battle depression and anxiety.. Will I get the job? I interned in this place, but they weren't hiring.. Did I leave a good impression?
 
We all have times like these when we stress.
1) First thing to do, is feel the initial rush and let it fly through us, an hour may pass and it should start to recede a little.
2) Then write a list of things you need to do and start taking care of those (suit cleaned (or purchased), references contacted to let them know, review the job description and write up possible questions and comments).
3) Do something to relax. I'm going to knit (surprised?)
4) Breath. Meditate if at all possible and keep relaxing your muscles. Don't hold onto the stress but smile a little and kindly let yourself relax.
 
Be compassionate towards yourself!!!


 Crafting:
  In other worlds, I was feeling soo guilty over the thought that I had not knit my oldest daughter a sweater.. And then I realized that I had made her two! Silly me.
   The first was the Sophie cardigan by Sue Whiting (crocheted) in Simply Soft Eco (too stiff). Pretty sure my Lizzie is 3 years old here (sniffle).


 Then I made the Leksak sweater by Yarn-Madness (no picture.. sorry) and now I am making her the Lace Petals Vintage Cardigan by Laura Sapergia in knitpicks.com swish worsted.


 For my arts and craft sales this summer I started the scarf/shawl you see in the meme above. It is called Anemie by Theresia Lew (FREE pattern, folks), and I am knitting it in knitpicks.com stroll tonal, color Eucalyptus. I cannot wait to block it!


 I still want to start another double knitted square for my Geek-A-Long Blanket.. Hmm. Otherwise, that is about it, folks.

  Life is a rollercoaster, sometimes. The dips and highs can be pretty close, or farther apart. Wish me luck next week and until then, knit on and keep breathing! Be kind to yourself!

Be Well!
Jen
Tangledmania