Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Monday, February 6, 2017

Holy Lotta Crafting

Instagram: Tangledmania
Ravelry: Tangledmania
Facebook: Tangledmania Blog
Facebook: Knit & Stitch - Crafty Sisters

Sometimes, my crafting mojo is high.. And January was definitely one of those months with a total of 1483 yards knitted and crocheted in completed items (PHEW!).

Most were hats, with a baby sweater, baby hat and a really ugly tiny dog thrown in (did you miss that post last week?).
I am still making progress on the Yarn Quest 2017 MKAL by Tania Richter (double knitted scarf). There is now a running fox :). "What does the fox say?"


This past weekend I also started and finished an Amish Puzzle Ball by Dedri Uys. This was super fun to make, and a few more may be in the works.




Yesterday, I also started the Cable Cape (for a baby) by Mel Clark in Simply Soft Off-White yarn. This has been an interesting knit, but I have to say that I always fail at the Kitchener stitch.. Whatever I am doing is wrong because it leave gaps between the stitches on both sides and is really ugly. Advice?

In other news:
 
    I am still super stressed in life. My husband had surgery to remove his gallbladder on Friday and tomorrow I have a ct scan scheduled to check my neck for possible signs of my reoccurrence of my thyroid cancer. So yes, knitting and crocheting is helping me. I have this entire months knitting and crocheting planned out.

1) Finish the Cable Cape above.
2) Keep up on my double knitted scarf and crocheted shrug.
3) Crochet a tree with leaves (and a little bird) called Tree Love by Ana Paula Rimoli.
4) Crochet Sherwin the Alpaca by Stacey Trock.
5) Knit the Topiary Beanie by Jennifer Lang
6) Knit a second Sockhead Hat by Kelly McClure

And more... I'm not banking on the second sockhead hat :P.

Taking deep breaths can be hard, but each stitch helps me relax inside and expand my ability to be compassionate to myself. Not everything needs to be fixed right at that very second. Not every argument needs to be had and resolved.

Be well, be safe.
Jen
Tangledmania