Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Nerdy Knitting (Warning: MKAL Spoilers)

Instagram: Tangledmania
Ravelry: Tangledmania
Facebook: Tangledmania Blog
Facebook: Knit & Stitch - Crafty Sisters


There has never been a time when I have been afraid to say "Yes, I am a nerd/geek/dork and proud." Because I am. To me, it means that my mind can work in different ways and finds all sorts of things interesting. The imagination is a valuable tool and it is a stress reliever!

Something I have never experienced, is the fun of being Sorted by the Sorting Hat in the Ravelry group Harry Potter Knitting/Crocheting House Cup. But last month, I actually caught the sign-ups to be sorted and last week I was sorted into Gryffindor!!

Since I planned on knitting and crocheting A LOT (as per usual) I simply have been spending the past week (or maybe four days) planning and double knitting.


My double knitting obsession is the above (what I've finished thus far of clue 1), which is the Yarn Quest 2017 MKAL by Tania Richter (amazing double knitting designer/artist that she is). This has just started, so if you are interested, check it out!.


I also finished the Leaf Hat, which is a fingering weight hat knit mostly in ribbing. The yarn is knitpicks.com stroll tonal tweed, Oyster and Flagstone Heather. Such soft yarn!!


I was very relieved to finish that hat! It freed up a project bag so that I could carry around a new project (while it is still portable, that is).

Have you ever heard of a temperature afghan? I know that on my Facebook page I have shared information on this (LINK), but what I am doing is a little different. Instead, I am doing a crocheted granny stitch, because to be honest, doing single crochet would drive me mad..

The pattern for the crocheted granny stitch afghan is in UK terms so let me take a moment to explain what that is.
1) dc (uk)=sc (us)
2) tr (uk)=dc (us

Phew right?

All of that gorgeous yarn is knitpicks.com brava worsted, just 1.99 a skein! 100% acrylic and very soft (and washable).


This is what my youngest daughter wants me to make her this weekend. I'm in trouble haha.

Be well!
Jen
Tangledmania