Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Introverted Knitting: AKA Hiding from the Holidays

Instagram: Tangledmania
Ravelry: Tangledmania
Facebook: Tangledmania Blog
Facebook: Knit & Stitch - Crafty Sisters


Over the past two weeks, I have started 3 blog posts, but have been unable to finish a single post.

This time of the year is particularly hard for me. I have always been introverted, shy, quiet, watchful.. And the expectations and office parties of the holidays are too much for me. I become uncertain, quiet, headachy, and a little lonely (ironically). But all that remains of the holidays is to ring in the New Year.

How do you celebrate it?

Yes... this will be a rabbit... :P

I will be knitting. I have two rabbits to finish by next Saturday, and two ponytail hats to start (and a third to put up in my etsy shop).

 Yesterday, I finished the Mayapple Shawl in knitpicks.com stroll tonal yarn in Seashell and need to block that out, hard, this weekend (and then guard it from the damn cats until it dries).


Today, I am carrying two projects. The Filemot shawl, which I did restart weeks ago and eek out a few rows every now and again, it really is very lovely! Again in stroll tonal yarn, color Eucalyptus.



The other project is my super-sized version of the 2014 Outlander shawl in knitpicks.com swish worsted in Dove Heather and Merlot Heather. Hopefully it gets big enough that I can add a button, wish me luck (and many lifelines...).

What are you working on this week? What are your New Years Goals?

Mine are to:
1) Dye gradient yarn
2) Get sorted into a Harry Potter House on ravelry.
2) Do a more local craft shows
3) Breath more
4) Take a mom-cation this summer to Lake Placid, even if it is only for a night.
5) Find more joy in life and less bitterness.

Be well in this new year
Find new and old joy
Wake with peace
Sleep in contentment
And may many blessings
Fall from your needles
As gifts to others
Throughout the year.
 
Be Well!
Jen
Tangledmania