Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Sad News Then Knitting and Book Happenings

Instagram: Tangledmania
Ravelry: Tangledmania
Facebook: Tangledmania Blog
Facebook: Knit & Stitch - Crafty Sisters
Etsy: Tangledmania Shoppe


Mourning news:
First, I would like to take a moment to say how sad I am about the news on Maegan Black's sudden passing. She ran the Cyborg's Craft Room and as recently as August 22nd there was a posting there on Facebook. She was a popular, shining light in the yarn business and she will be missed. My heart goes out to her friends and family.

Knitting News:

This past week was very productive for me, in terms of finishing objects (perhaps not cleaning the house haha). The Philosopher's Stone (above) by Erica Jackofsky (fiddleknits), was finished 6 rows short of the end at 794 yards using a US 5 needle and Knitpicks.com Stroll tonal yarn in colorway Thunderhead. I'm pleased with my results. :)


I also finished my Nurmilintu shawl by Heidi Alander in Pixie Toe yarn from A Whimsical Wood Yarn Co. in colorway Granny & the Wolf (I LOVE this colorway!!) in size US 6 needles. This will be a pattern I will make again!



This past weekend, I also started a few projects, one of which was completely unsuccessful (this time). Hogwarts Express by Susan Ashcroft. The yarn was a fun sock tweed from Celestial Strings but the pattern is just so messed up. I absolutely despise saying anything bad about a pattern..

But seriously. This pattern gives you three different needle sizes you can use, and roughly how much yarn to use by weight before you start the next section, which after the increase row still requires you to have a certain number of stitches to make it work for the owls, and this number of stitches is not stated. It should be. I will be frogging it when I get home and giving up for now.


I did sell a shawl (Ode and picture is down below) this past August 27th so decided that I needed a new lace-weight shawl and decided on Naomh by Renee Leverington in Knitmona lace-weight superwash merino wool lace, colorway Storm Clouds. This yarn is sooo soft!! More to come on this yarn in the coming weeks, though.

Reading Pleasure:
  Discovered that next week, a book by some of my favorite authors is coming out, so that was quickly pre-ordered!! Navigators of Dune by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson. If you are at all familiar with the Dune world, you may know that Frank Herbert's son has continued his legacy with Kevin J. Anderson, and in my opinion, has surpassed his father. These books are fantastic and I suggest you look into them. I am actually not a huge fan of science fiction (fantasy yes), but will highly recommend these books.

  Picking up from the library (a real book, not on kindle, gasp!) Ghana Must Go, by Taiye Selasi and This Little Light of Mine: The Life of Fannie Lou Hamer (Civil Rights and Struggle) by Kay Mills.

What are you reading?

What are you knitting/crocheting?

Be Well!
Jen
Tangledmania