Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Friday, August 19, 2016

Sick For A Week and Poetry

Last Wednesday, I got home from work feeling fine. I had experienced some dizziness during the week, and was pretty sure that I had messed up my eye earlier in the week with a mixture of lotion and something being stuck in my eye. But otherwise, I was feeling pretty good.

  Suddenly it was 8pm and I could not stand up. Just sitting there I was ridiculously dizzy and there started my week of illness. It turned out that I had developed viral pink-eye in both my eyes by Monday and on top of whatever virus was making me sick, I also had strep throat (without a sore throat, folks). Pretty sure my kids were trying to kill me (jk).



  This is the first time that I've been able to write anything and knitting has been very tough to do. My vision is still a little blurry in my left eye (I still think I injured it a little), and I am still dizzy. But slowly, things are getting better (way tooo slowly).

Knitting:
   I did actually get some knitting done (miracously). Most days I could not knit, and my right arm is starting to bother me.

With such high hopes, I did manage to finish one item for Ravellenics so far (3 days to go, so doubt any more will be finished.. though I should Frog my St. Brigid Sweater).

I finished the "And Then There Were Mitts" pair for my friend Kristina. The yarn was knitpicks.com Stroll Tonal in colorway Deep Water.


I did frog the "Trillixagon Shawl (with Tardis Variation)", just not happening.

Last night, I felt the need to cast on the Nurmilintu Shawl with the awesome yarn I received from A Whimsical Wood Yarn Co. called Granny & The Wolf. She was kind enough to answer a few questions so tomorrow I will highlight that interview and my opinions on the yarn (positive).

Squishy Delivery:

   I am so bad.. Celestial Strings torments me... See below tweedy yarn..

So much to share, I will have another post ready to go tomorrow of the joys of A Whimsical Wood Yarn Co. and her awesomeness. So be ready!
 
This is what I do,
Sit here and knit.
Sometimes I am happy
Sometimes I am sad,
But knitting grounds my spirit
And settles those around.
Have you noticed while you stitched?
The eyes that it draws?
How that quiet act can influence
Those around and close.
They find it confusing
They find it soothing
They sometimes wish they could join.
Their ancestor once did it
Sitting at a fire
And their bones, their blood, their cells
Remember this genetic memory.
Of dark falling quietly
No electric lights
Just a beautiful fire
And clicking late at night.