Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Friday, July 22, 2016

When Friday is just Sad..

Sorrow:
Today is a rough day. Over the past year and a half, there has been a lovely young lady at my work who delighted me our shared sense of goofy humor, our love of knitting, our enjoyment of just plain being silly sometimes. It is good to be silly sometimes. But today is her last day, and she will soon jet off to school in London (jealous and so proud haha), I will miss her dearly and am fully planning on crying at 4pm when she leaves.


  Also, one of my favorite local yarn stores is Trumpet Hill Fine Yarns and Accessories in Albany, NY. Ruth Rich was a lovely touchstone that I always felt blessed to see when I managed to stop by, which was and is far too rare for my tastes. Her English accent and sweet demeanor was always a treat and she was someone I always looked forward to seeing.

  Between these two events, I seem to be crying a great deal today.

  This week I also completely frogged the Pandora shawl by Anniken Allis. I absolutely screwed up chart D, there was no fixing it.

  

Crafting a New Song:
  But last night I went to the local Arts in the Park in my little hometown and saw Sara Milonovich (aka Daisycuttter), who was just fantastic. Really a lovely show and I just wished I hadn't sat so close to the creek (damn tiny flies haha). Next week is Hair of the Dog (celtic rock!!! :) ). I am looking forward to it big time!



   I definitely could not just sit there and do nothing while listening to music, so I started a fingerless mitten called "And Then There Were Mitts" by Maureen Folds. I am using knitpicks.com stroll tonal in Raven colorway, and really enjoying the cables!



   The Philosopher's Stone MKAL started today, and I am ready with needle and yarn (knitpicks.com stroll tonal in Thunderhead) but am working without a knitting lunch today, so cannot start it quite yet. Definitely feeling the need for some cables.



Other News:
  It can be very hard to function successfully when one suffers from chronic depression and anxiety. Especially when so often other people's needs have to come first. It is hard to find even one day that is not work or kid related, because once you get home it is all kids haha. Self-care is so easy to say, but so hard to put into practice when you are getting pulled into so many directions.

  This is why I knit. I knit because it is my brain break from the thoughts I do not want to feed. It is how I meditate. It is how I start to breath even when I am surrounded by others and their pain.

Keep on stitching
As each stitch is a breath
Each row is time passing
Passing us through the waves
The top of the waves are good times
The bottom, are when we struggle.
But keep on knitting
Keep on crocheting
Move the fingers along
And focus on each stitch
As it goes along.

Be Well!
Jen
Tangledmania