Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Friday, June 24, 2016

Knitting and Crocheting When We Can

  Over and over the past few weeks, I have tried to start writing another blog post. But with all of the stress and craziness in my life, it has been hard and felt like something I have to do, instead of something I want to do. This is my blog space, not a job. I love my followers and want to stay faithful to writing for you folks and sharing with you what I've been doing that is beautiful and what I have found that is wonderful.

  So that leads me to today.

  Today is Friday and the weekend stretches out in front of me. My daily three tarot card was as torn and stressed out as I was haha.

So the goals this weekend are to make some more washcloths to sell at a 4 hour table I'm sharing with a friend and maybe finish a pillow.

I finished one washcloth, the Cream Circle Washcloth from Lion Brand (crocheted), very easy to make (need to weave in ends!!). The next washcloth to make will be the Diagonal Knit Dishcloth by Jana Trent, which is knitted (both patterns are free).

I am also making some pillows, because why not! I have had my eye on this particular pattern (love Celeste Young's patterns!!) from the book Knits of a Feather. The pillow is called Partridge Holiday Pillow and is knit up in worsted weight, below is a picture from the book. I am using Knitpicks.com swish worsted (I adore Swish, if you haven't noticed), the picture of Garnet Heather and Camel Heather is below.

 

  This pillow is actually knitting up beautifully and fairly quickly. Pretty sure I will be doing a few more pillows for sales on July 8th in my county. But I want to finish one more wash cloth and this pillow this weekend.

Side Note:

  Can I just say here that the knitting and crocheting community is by and large a fantastic group of people. Supportive, kind and just wonderful, I cannot say enough about the support that I have received of late. So thank you to everyone who has stuck around and liked my posts explaining (kind of) why there are no blog posts or Friday Free Patterns.

  Summer has just began and one of my goals is to try and take it one day at a time. One stitch at a time, and maybe sprinkle a mental health day or two in there for alone time when I feel too overwhelmed. Being a mom to two adorable and wonderful daughters can make it hard to find alone time, and normally that is ok. But lately it can be to much and depression and anxiety are making me irritable and weepy (odd right?).

Be well, everyone. Take deep breaths with me and let's give out more caring words than harsh ones.

Thank you!
Jen
Tangledmania