Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Monday, May 23, 2016

Pricing Conundrum

I have signed up, one more time, to sell my knitting as a vendor in my county and I have two major problems.

1) Pricing
2) It will be July 8th so hot as hell.

To combat the second, I plan on trying to make funny signs that say things like "Hot? But winter is coming!" or "Get Your Christmas Shopping Done!". If you have any others to suggest, please let me know.



As for the second.. Well, I'm in trouble because here is the deal. My county is fairly poor, and I really want to sell my stuff, . So wish me luck with pricing! The whole conundrum is that I could charge $150 for a lace shawl, but it won't sell, and I need to make some money.

So the question is, how much to price your knitting for?

Some schools of thought say to  take your supplies and multiply them times 3, and others to do cost of supplies plus hours worked ($10 an hour). Phew, right?! What to do, what to do.


So I am going to go through each item that I plan on selling and evaluate the cost of yarn and figure something out on top of that. Because, though a few of my knitty friends will yell, I would like to sell 1-2 more items than the one hat I sold last time over one and a half days. This event is just 4 hours.

Ahh, well, I'm sure you'll be hearing more about it. In the meantime, I am going to continue to try to knit a few more things for the table. Wish me luck!