Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Focusing On: Judy Becker - Toe-Up Marvel

Instagram: Tangledmania
Ravelry: Tangledmania
Facebook: Tangledmania Blog


If any of you have knitted toe up socks, then you have likely heard about Judy's Magic Cast-On. Today I was wondering who this marvel woman is? It's not hard to find information about this woman, she's on Ravelry, Twitter, has a blog and a published book, but I still want to talk up about her invention on how to do toe up socks for a few reasons:

1) It's free. You can literally google this online and find instruction written by her in 2006 on Knitty.com. The original article is here: Magic Cast-On For Toe-Up Socks.

2) There are also dozens of youtube video's from various people, showing how to do it, and here is Judy Becker herself explaining it! How awesome is that?
 
 
3) She has an awesome book (that is on my wish list) that is available on amazon (and other fine retailers I'm sure) called "Beyond Toes: Knitting Adventures with Judy's Magic Cast-On".
 
4) And she has some great designs up for grabs on ravelry as well: Judy's Designs
 
 
If you haven't tried this technique, you need to give it a try. It's so fun and fairly easy. I've done it two at a time and one at a time (sounds kinky). Saves on Kitchener stitches, which I am NOT good at. To be honest, I'm generally not a fan of knitting socks, though my husband wants a pair. But toe up, I can do this and so can you :). So take a deep breath, pick up those needles, and knit on!! :)
 
 
 
Happy Holidays and Much Love!
Jen
Tangledmania