Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Rhinebeck Anticipation, Sneak Peaks

Instagram: Tangledmania
Ravelry: Tangledmania
Facebook: Tangledmania Blog



  Today my sweet Abby is sick (four year old) so I spent the day cuddling and enjoying some quiet time (as well as season 3 of Mad Men).

Speaking of Mad Men, have any of you seen the show? I have not because I thought it looked so discriminatory towards women, and it is, don't get me wrong, but it really reveals a great deal about human nature and the manipulation that people put themselves and others through just to make it through life.

We really beat ourselves up, don't we?
 

 

Well, this past long weekend was stressful, but only a few short days until Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival in Upstate NY. I get to help out at the awesome Bittersweet Woolery on Saturday morning and then spend the rest of the day enjoying the wares of the fair. :)

My latest love, and one of the items I will be searching for at Rhinebeck in the shape of worsted or bulky yarn, is brioche. Let me tell you, if you can slip stitches, do yarn overs. knit  two together, and purl two together, then you can do brioche. Here was my fun and a sneak peak of something I've been working on and finished this past weekend.:


How cool does that look? And it feels sooo squishy! So I'm going to be working on a brioche scarf, pattern I found on Ravelry.com by Purl Soho called Brioche Hat and Cowl, though I am only planning to make the cowl.

Another project that I will be hunting for yarn for is the #25 Winged Triangle Shawl (sport weight). It is a doubleknitting project and from Vogue Knitting Magazine, Fall 2015. 

 
 Make sure that you are following me over on Instagram, I'm having a Giveaway on there only. So go check it out!!!

Be well folks and hope to see you at Rhinebeck!!

PS - I finally remembered to add the links to the blogpost in August: A Knitting Magazine review of the Fall 2015 magazines Vogue Knitting and Interweave Knits. So go check it out!