Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Monday, October 5, 2015

Knitting, Writing, and Tube Socks :D

Instagram: Tangledmania
Ravelry: Tangledmania
Facebook: Tangledmania Blog

Hello!!!

A few pieces of information that I am super excited about. First, I published a vignette story (which simply means that it is super short), the link is to the right of this blog. It is self-published and I'm proud of it, but it is a dark fantasy so if you do not want to read a rollercoaster that is a little freaky, this story is probably not for you. There will be more published as time goes on.

Next, xmas crafting is going along swimmingly, but I am uncertain about sharing it, how frustrating is that? I just do not want people to see it haha.

How is your holiday crafting coming along?

What are you making your loved ones for the holidays?

Below is a madeline tosh light grab bag that I received this past week from Webs (yarn.com) and the colors are lovely, my 4 year old fell in love with the bright fuschia pink haha. I see many fingerless mittens, gloves and other fun items there. Do you have any suggestions for this yarn? :D



I managed to catch up on all the latest episodes of Game of Thrones and all I can say is, WTH Jon Snow!!!! :( Need to catch up on Outlander..

 
 
This post took me quite a while to write, as my mood has stayed pretty low lately. Still going to work, doing what I need to do to try and make it through the day, but still finding it hard to breath sometimes.
 

But each day passes by and this past weekend I managed to make little tube socks for my kids and here is my pattern for a 4 year old, though they were a little big.

Worsted weight yarn (I used Berroco Vintage)
Size 7 US (4.5mm) circular needles
Toe up magic loop, 6 for each needle
Increase every other row until there are 16 stitches on each needle (32 all together).
Knit for 8.5 inches
3 rows of k2, p2
Bind off loosely in pattern.

No heel, just straight up.

You can have less or more stitches to start out with, depending on the foot size. Length doesn't not matter as much, I just kept going until my daughter said it was perfect, I intended to go much farther up the leg haha.




 Listen to your heart and mind. Logic is your friend, practice loving-kindness (also called metta). Be compassionate to yourself, do what you can, when you can and hand out love because any cruelty hurts your heart and soul as much as it does the person you hand it too. We are not saints, but we do not need to be demons either, somewhere in between is an okay place to be.

Be well and I'll see you soon!

Jen
Tangledmania