Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Sunday, August 23, 2015

What's Happening? :D Knitting and Awesome Breastforms, of course!

Instagram: Tangledmania
Ravelry: Tangledmania
Facebook: Tangledmania Blog


    Happy Sunday, everyone! I hope the week has been going well. It has been a very stressful week, with my youngest having her 4 year old birthday party and my poor husband being in so much pain from his back. My anxiety and depression makes parties, especially planning, really stressful, but it went off and here is my birthday girl passed out in the back seat of the car haha. Woot for it being over!


   I meant to go a week without knitting, but I last three days with start-itis. :) Started the Squall Line Shawl by Rosemary (Romi) Hill and made fantastic progress with my Plymouth Yarn Monte Donegal worsted weight yarn. This picture does not show it, but I have made it almost halfway up the body.

  Most importantly, even with my elbow pain, I have made managed to finish a practice breastform for approval so that I can make breastforms for the group Awesome Breastforms. The only thing I screwed up on my breastform was that I forgot the purl row, so I took it apart and I'm almost done fixing it.

"Awesome Breastforms are created by a group of women who have come together for the single purpose of crocheting and knitting handmade prosthetic breast forms for women who have had mastectomy or lumpectomy surgery.  Many in the group know firsthand the devastating effects of breast cancer, cancer and radiation treatments and breast cancer surgery.  Our forms are made of high quality 100% cotton fiber yarn.  They are cooler, lighter and much more comfortable than traditional silicone prosthetics.  You have several color options when ordering, as well as choosing if your form is made with nipples.  Awesome Breastforms are washable and easy to care for.  When you place an Awesome Breastform in your bra, you will be surprised at how similar it feels to a natural breast.  In fact, many women say they soon forget they are wearing them!  You deserve your curves!" (from the website)




  What's is going on with you? I hope that everything is going swimmingly, but if it is not, remember that you are not alone, many of us are just trying to make it through each day and smile to hide the pain.

Much love!
Jen
Tangledmania