Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Poststitch Delivery and a Little Hulk

Where you can find me:
Instagram: Tangledmania
Ravelry: Tangledmania
Facebook Group: Tangledmania Blog
 
   First of all, the wonderful people of Poststitch sent out a beautiful BigStitch May 2015 box that you can see here:
 

Within is:
Pattern:
(brand new and not available anywhere until this time) called "Mares' Tail" by Katie Rempe (who you can find here at www.katertaterknits.com).

Fiber:
1 skein of Breeze by Anzula (50% silk and 50% linen), my colorway is Keylime.

Needles
ChiaoGoo 24" Stainless Steel Circulars US #6

Notions:
Stitch Markers (two little metal circles); Highlighter Tape (orangie and see through, this is a new one for me lol).

Extras:
Sip 1 Koozie. It had a llama/alpaca on one side (I'm sorry I cannot tell the difference in an outline lol). And on the other it says: *k1, p1, sip 1* repeat till end.
 
    The yarn is soft and squishy, the pattern looks fun, the needles are a brand I enjoy (and can someone really have too much size US #6's? The highlighter tape is funny, and I will probably never use it, hopefully I do not loose the Stitchmarkers.. I should put them in my little glass mug that I keep my stitch markers in haha. I have the "Koozie" on my mountain dew bottle (yes I'm trying to wean myself off of it lol) and life is good. Very happy.

   So if you are interested in next month's BigStitch Poststitch Delivery, go to www.poststitch.com and sign up :D. I'm happy thus far.

   Other news:
     Otherwise, the weather was absolutely beautiful this past weekend and there were many outings with my kids (remind me to not sit down and knit for long periods of time after hiking, I almost got stuck haha). My pants seem looser this week so maybe it's a good thing.
 
   This weekend looks like thunder storms, so we will see how that rolls out. The only thing on the docket is a girl scout meeting for my oldest. The poor husband is on call all weekend so that is no fun for him.

   The last piece thing I wanted to talk about was something that popped in my head today. I've noticed, while tracking my moods the past month or two, that though my moods go up during some weeks and go down around my period, I'm kind of like the Hulk. In the first Avenger's movie, when the Hulk turns back to the other Avenger's and says "That's my secret, I'm always angry.". I believe that that is my secret, I'm always depressed.
  
   It always lurks a little bit under the surface and if I'm not vigilant with staying mindful about what I'm doing and what I'm thinking about (and how I'm thinking), it is very easy for me to slip down and cry in the car or be the angry side of depressed.

    Some folks talk about whether depression is a physical disease or a disease of the mind and for the most part, I do not believe there is a difference because each thought is tied to a chemical that is released in your brain that creates a pathway. And when that pathway is used often enough it becomes habit. Since I was 8 years old, I've had problems with depression, so it is a habit for my brain to use those old pathways. Through knitting, socializing, reaching out, education and stubbornness (as well as the amazing feeling of loving two people so unconditionally as I love my two daughters), I have turned down a road in my brain that is a path less traveled.
  
   That is my favorite poem, by the way, by Robert Frost:
(partial)
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
 
Sometimes, it is definitely worth it. Have a great week!
 
Jen
Tangledmania