Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sunday Update with WIPS and Two Fantasy Books

Where you can find me:
Instagram: Tangledmania
Ravelry: Tangledmania
Facebook Group: Tangledmania Blog

What's up?
   It's Sunday, and as usual I do not know where the weekend went. Tonight's plans involve showers for me and my oldest child, America's Funniest Video's and then Once Upon a Time. Now that Downton Abbey is over, and I do not subscribe to Starz or HBO (boo hoo, Outlander and the new season of Game of Thrones starts soon), my Sunday evenings are a little earlier and less eventful haha. 

Knitting Round Robin (AKA WIP's):
  Still working on my Bonnie's Wish Shawl, and it's coming along swimmingly!

  Other works in progress are a sweater for my oldest child, since I washed her other sweater that she didn't really like anyway. The pattern is called Leksak (by Yarn-Madness) and I've had to frog the whole thing back because the needle size suggested was not working for me, even though I was getting gauge (go figure lol). Making the largest size and it just doesn't seem to be very big, but it's going along swimmingly. May be a good base for future lace sweaters.
    Wow my knitting round robin is few in number. :D

Finished Objects:
    I did finish the test knit but I cannot show it off here. Sorry! :P

What I'm reading:
   I'm reading the Obsidian Mountain Trilogy by Mercedes Lackey & James Mallory (the three books in one kindle purchase), and am almost done with the second book. Just love these books, they so are deep into human nature and how different people are, yet if we are true to ourselves and also have good intentions to help others, we avoid human pitfalls of greed and jealousy (to name a few pitfalls). Great adventure story with elves, truly evil demons (do not read this to children, not pg-13), centaurs, humans, mages of all types and a dragon. Good stuff that keeps it going well.

   My daughter and I are also reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl, and she is truly enjoying the colorful writing, and she feels for the protagonist, Charlie. It was a great opportunity to talk about people who are worse off than herself and the failings of the other children (brats) who are on the tour of the factory with Charlie and his Grandpa Joe. She's 7 years old and I'm just happy she's enjoying it. We had to stop reading Hobbit when we got to the battle at the end because the goblins arriving terrified her.

Have a great week, and I will be in touch soon!

Jen
Tangledmania