Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Oscars, Stitch Markers, Baby Blankets and Becoming a Warrior Goddess

Where you can find me:
Instagram: Tangledmania
Ravelry: Tangledmania
Ravelry Group: Tangledmania
Facebook: Tangledmania Blog

Shop News:
   Yes, I did take my shop off of vacation mode. I'm enjoying making baby blankets and sweaters and dresses for 12 month sized boys and girls will appear in the shop. That is all I really have to say about that, honestly because Liam Neeson just distracted me on the Oscars.
  I love that man's voice. I mean, that warm accent makes me sleepy lol. 

So yes, this blog will be easily distracted by Oscar comments. Because why not. :D

Stitch Marker Review:
   I did get something cool in the mail this week, that I wanted to mention. Never before have I spent more than a few dollars on some plastic stitch markers from amazon or joann's, but I wanted to try these out. One of the reasons was that my friend Deb had turned me onto the fact that she made them, and I will be buying some from her as well, but Heather opened an etsy shop and I was curious.
   The Stitch Stache is the name of her shop on etsy, and they are adorable! These are what I've picked up:
    Obviously haven't used them yet, but they are soo cute!! :D

Oscar interruption:
  Holy cow Adam Levine can sing. I saw him sing in person over 10 years ago in San Antonio, Texas before he became famous and was blown away. Opinion has not changed, that performance must have been amazing in person.

Baby Blankets:
   So as I mentioned earlier, I've been working on baby blankets, and the Cabled Berry Baby Blanket by Grid Mammal Crafts (free pattern on ravelry) is finally finished!! Sadly, I must say that if you decide you will work on this and go by the chart strictly, there are errors so be aware of that. Not huge, but some obvious ones. I did not check every time, but believe that the written instructions may be more correct.
   So happy with that being finished, so just need to finish it's match, the Lotus Baby Blanket by Shana Schasteen (free pattern on ravelry) is coming along in a lovely way as well. 
    This blanket should relax beautifully once it's washed and blocked, so I'm looking forward to seeing it relax. The directions for the center and lace-work are all correct so far, for this pattern. :D

What I'm reading:
  I'm currently reading: Warrior Goddess Training: Become The Woman You Are Meant To Be by HeatherAsh Amara and am truly enjoying it. The book is pretty simple and not too heavy in philosophy. I truly believe that it is the right book to read at this point of my life. It is about accepting and loving yourself. The idea that we cannot be happy by looking for things to make us happy from outside ourselves, but by loving ourselves and learning to accept ourselves, faults and all. That we are trained to be unhappy with our job, our marriage, our education, our wealth. Also that life is cyclical, not linear and that fighting change and holding onto what our ego's want rather than what truly occurs is what causes us suffering. 

    In some ways that the philosophy is very buddhist, but the teachings come from Toltec wisdom and I'm very grateful for the book right now as I can definitely cause myself my own suffering.
  I never realized until this past week how much I gravitate and equate my own happiness by what is going on with people around me. Part of that may be my empathy and the fact that I read people so well, which is a strength quite often. But this is also a weakness because I'm giving away my power and holding none of it for myself.
  Fascinating topic and this book is definitely helping me to work on that for myself, which I'm desperately grateful for.

Be well, stay warm and stay in touch, please feel free to comment on the facebook page if it is too difficult to comment here. Let me know if this makes sense, if you want to hear more about something, a review about something.

  I am working on the Autumn's End sweater, stay tuned. :D

Jen
Tangledmania