Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Preparation and Mystery Knit A Long's (Updated 8 hours later)

So preparing for the big project of knitting through book's has be very excited. I've looked through all of the book, but Botanical Knits is far in the lead and I'm looking at the four sweaters haha. But nothing looks too bad. :D. I'm so excited!!

    If anyone knows of any independent yarn genius's that want to sponsor this endeavor and have their name splashed all over the place, let me know, or have them contact me through the Ravelry group. Yes, I'm asking because it's a great source of advertisement. Update 4:44pm: Knitpicks has hopped on board with donating yarn! I am over the moon and keep saying "Holy Rapies!" (Hotel Transylvania).

   Make sure you go and join the Ravelry group and vote, it is called Tangledmania and I have a discussion thread on books going so it should be fun!

  Another fun part of this that I've decided to include is that everyone in the Ravelry group will be available to enter into a giveaway towards the end in which I will giveaway one of the non-sweater projects. I'll use rafflecopter and post it on here, but the only way to track that it's not some random folk that I can think of is that you're also in the Ravelry group.

That takes care of the preparation portion of the upcoming event, which feel free to knit a long with me, by the way. I would love to hear comments and give aid as I can.

  Next, I've decided to play fast catch up on Josh Rykk's (Sword of a Knitter/Geoknittrix patterns on Ravelry) and his Glaciation mystery kal (knit a long) and having a fun time with the funky shapes!! They are already on clue three, but I believe I just finished clue 1, so not much of a spoiler, unless you are starting really late. DancingGeek sucked me into this with his podcast, it just tortured me because I wanted to try it so much. I love mystery knit a longs and have done an Outlander version and a Game of Thrones and had a ball with both!! People are so awesome on ravelry!

 Here is a preview, and I'm using Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine in Moonshadow and oceanic mix.

Be well, folks, go join the group, go vote and thank your for being a part of my world. Love you guys!!