Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Saturday, November 22, 2014

"Knit-the-Book" Event News

I love interviews! Don't you? Jinny is so wonderful so I hope you all keep spreading the news of her Kickstarter Campaign!.

Where you can find me:
Instagram: Tangledmania
Ravelry: Tangledmania
Ravelry Group: Tangledmania
Facebook: Tangledmania Blog

Pre-Event Projects (WIP, including  Xmas Stuff)
  So I have to finish two cabled scarves for men, so my butt is in high gear for that. I'm using the same pattern for both, which is by Joe D'Angio and is called "Basic Cable Can Be Nice". I linked the connection to the Ravelry page for the pattern (which is free, by the way) but he also has a blog here on blogspot called The Actor Knits. It's a more simple cable pattern than I usually do but, hey, it's for a dad and his son, both grown.



Also, I'm going to work on finishing up Josh Ryks Glaciation mystery knit a long, the last clue was released today. :D. I am almost finished with clue three so hopefully I can finish this shawl in the next couple of days.


Event News
I know, you all were like, I don't care about the other projects you're doing. :D Or maybe you do, haha. I will be receiving yarn from Knitpicks very soon for the Autumn's End Sweater, which is the first project in the book. There are some packages that I'm expecting, so perhaps that will be my first podcast, opening packages.

 I may end up knitting the Buds and Bloom's sweater in bulky yarn that is not available anymore, but we'll see.

The Twigs and Willows sweater will be knit in Berroco ultra alpaca (worsted) in colorway tiger's eye mix.

The Entangled Vines sweater is up in the air, in regards to yarn. I'm really not sure what I'll be using for it as I'm out of a sweater's worth of worsted weight yarn in my stash at this point, but fear not! I will think of something :D. Perhaps a splurge at Jimmy Beans Wool or Webs.

The two DK hats, Forest Floor and Pressed Leaves will be knit out of yarn I will be dyeing with help from a local farm, many pictures will come on that adventure! The yarn itself will be donated by this good friend so I am super excited!!

 The Ivy Trellis Socks yarn will be donated by Three Fate Yarns and I am so grateful to the owner Stephania Fregosi for her generosity. If you have not been to her shop, you need to get over there and drool!

  The Ivy Trellis Mittens yarn will be donated by Keya Kuhn of Cedar Hill Farm Company, and she is doing a special colorway just for this event so I'm so grateful and cannot wait to see it when it arrives!!

  And the Wrapped in Leaves shawl will be knit in Supersquish DK in the colorway Harvest Moon by Angela Moon of Celestial Strings Yarn. She provided me with a discount and I'm super grateful for her willingness to do a custom order for this shawl, since this colorway wasn't readily available. Go check it out for a preview!

There are a few other projects unaccounted for, yarn-wise, but I am not worried. Life tends to fall into place and we are going to have a ball. I hope you knit a long with me! See you again soon, and no I will not be blogging tomorrow, lol. Off to a local fair to help out a fellow yarn crafter, Simply Shawls, who makes amazing woven shawls that are selling out as soon as she makes them. I almost feel sorry for her haha.

Have I put in enough links? :D

Be Well!
Jen Riley