Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Book Review Poll and Wrapping up the Bazaar

In the great inspiring steps of Julie Powell, one of the two main characters of "Julie and Julia" (the movie), on November 22, 2014 I will start my book review journey. What I mean by that, is that I will be taking a knitting pattern book and knitting every single pattern in it while I blog about the video's I used for help on new techniques, changes I make to the pattern, possible alternate yarns I use (and why), and if I'm lucky maybe a designer interview!   I have received an overwhelming response to this endeavor and I am very excited about it!

  Presently, I have a poll up here in my Tangledmania Ravelry group, and that poll will be up until Friday, November 21, 2014, at which time whatever book has the most votes will be the first book I knit my way through. The book's, which were picked at random from my library and excluded afghan books, are as follows:


  1. New American Knits by Amy Christoffer's
  2. Stitching in the Stacks by Sarah Barbour
  3. Botanical Knits by Alana Dakos
  4. 60 Quick Baby Knits by Sixth and Spring Books
There is an other category, so you can add suggestions for future knitting book reviews for me to go through pattern by pattern. But go vote and join the Ravelry group and let's have some fun. Maybe knit along with me when I reach a pattern you've been meaning to tackle. 

  Second of all, I wrapped up my bazaar today. Two days of 6 hours a day of being social and smiling and putting my stuff out there.. To only sell one hat.. But I will say this, I had a freaking AWESOME time. :-D I do not care that I only sold a hat. I met some awesome people, was able to be social and just have a great two days!  Ironic part about selling at a bazaar is that you need to lift things up and justify the price, that was hard for me to do this time. But next year will be better :D. 




Be well!! :D