Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

What I'm reading, What I'm doing, and What else is going on.

What I'm Reading:
Trying to finish library books can be tough, especially when on a deadline for knitting a scarf for a calendar. But in the scarf's favor it was a lovely soft knit, but I am a bit cabled out. I cannot share pictures but you can order the calendar here (warning, the calendar does feature grown men with scant clothing, though everything is usually strategically covered haha).

  Some of the books I'm attempting to finish are:

  1. As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales From The Making of The Princess Pride, by Cary Elwes (Wesley) with Joe Layden. 
  2. Factory Man: How One Furniture Maker Battled Offshoring, Stayed Local - and Helped Save an American Town, by Beth Macy.
Almost done with the first, it's a quick read and a fun one, for the most part. It goes a little too much into some history stuff and not enough into little tidbits from the making of the movie, though there are some. I'll let you know on the second.

   What I'm Doing:
As usual, I've been knitting (big surprise) mittens, and they are going along swimmingly. Next is a colorwork tam, so that will be fun. Here is the first mitten all done, except for weaving in the ends. I am very happy with the result and with my attempt at latvian braids :D.
What else is going on?
   I'm working on finishing a few projects from "60 More Quick Knits" so that I can have a knitting book review for next month. So far, I love this book and the only problem I have is that all the projects are in sport weight, which is kind of a pain to get in person. 

  Be well folks and safe this Halloween. Check the candy and keep an eye out for animal safety. 


Jen Riley