Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thing's To Do While Looking for A Job

Okay, first and foremost, I apply for positions and follow up on a daily basis. I am not just sitting around waiting for the job gods to lay a hand on me and say "YOU ARE NOW EMPLOYED!" :D. No. I work on finding a job every day in one way or another, but it honestly doesn't take all that much time up.

   One reason why I need to find a job, which my husband will wholeheartedly agree with me, is that I SUCK as a housewife. I mean I start cleaning and I'm like one of those trained dogs from Up! "SQUIRREL!"

   So (and someone queue the music from The Sound of Music: "My Favorite Things"), here are a few other things I do to try and be productive.


  1. I knit and crochet in the hopes of making a little bit of money that way.. Not working out so well, but my name in the crafting world is starting to get around as a teacher and helper which is wonderful :D
  2. Clean the house.. again I suck at it and am deathly afraid of bugs.. My husband still hasn't dumped the vacuum cleaner container after I vacuumed up a huge spider.. I am honestly not sure if it's still in there and I don't want to find out..
  3. Tried working on my novel.. but here is the thing about that. I don't write about details, I write about emotions and passions, feelings. So my stories are so much shorter. So feeling stumped on that.
  4. A big one, is that I take care of my kids. I cuddle with them, feed them, try and keep them clean, play with them by chasing them through the house, laugh with them, watch tv with them. That takes up a lot of time and is time well spent. Things I will miss when I get a job.

Well, four is enough, because a long blog is a boring blog.. Or so I'm told :D. So, in order to encourage comments, the question of the day is:

What is your favorite thing to do in downtime?

Have a fantastic weekend folks! And to those of you going to Rhinebeck in upstate New York, have a yarntastic and fibertastic weekend!


Jen Riley