Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Friday, October 24, 2014

Keeping It Real With My Kindle, Some Spidey-Sense, and Halloween Begins.

That is a very long title.. But I will explain, haha. First of all, I have been posting two posts a week, but this past week there has been nothing and I will tell you why. I've been on an emotionally roller-coaster in working on getting myself reinstated with the state, as those of you who have been following me know, I have been searching for a job. So I have been in conference with Civil Service to find out my options and furiously applying to position in various state agencies. This has been so stressful that it's just been a very emotional week in coming to terms with that.

   So that has sucked.

  But other things that have happened would be that I was contacted to do a review of a book by the author, so that was just fun and out of the blue! The book is called The String Quartet by Dan Hupalo.  So far so good, I will let  you know more when I finish the book :D. Just found it interesting that I was asked out of the blue.

  Have you ever looked at patterns or a pattern book you have purchased on your kindle? One of the nice things about having a kindle is that I can send pdf's to my kindle, such as patterns I purchased or was able get a hold of for free on ravelry and other places. So while I work on a project the pdf is very portable. But when it comes to craft/pattern books I find it lacking. Maybe it would be better on the kindle fire (the large tablet) but my kids commandeered it so it's not really available haha.

  Speaking of my kids, my 7 year old has a birthday party to go to this weekend and instead of buying a toy, I found out that the kid has taken an obsession of spiderman so I just finished these mittens, hopefully he likes them. :D

 

Also, my kids received their Halloween costumes today. Hilarity started as my 3 year old refused to take off her kitty costume. Here she is on the couch petting herself haha: 

  And my 7 year old also had her first dance, a Halloween dance, today, where she wore her costume and she and I had a decent night without tears or whining on either side haha.

I love my daughters. I am so blessed!!

Jen Riley