Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Life as We Know It

Summer of 2014, still no job but plenty of time to knit and crochet! Taking Christmas orders is fun, but I don't have enough money to make a blanket for my sister she wants, which is kind of a bummer.

  Kids are doing great, and I have a job interview next week, so I'm really looking forward to that. On another huge plus, this month, my daughter's birthdays are this month. My youngest turns 3 tomorrow and my oldest turns 7 next Saturday (who put glitter in my hair?).



   Here are some of the projects I'm working on and have finished, just so much fun!





This first is a Mary Lennox (Secret Garden) circle shawl in 2/14 Alpaca Silk lace yarn. You can find information about the mystery knit a long here: Mary Lennox MKAL.













Next, I'm working on a series of doilies for a Christmas order, and this is the first unblocked out. Pine Cone Doily.












This was a really fun shawl to make, though I have to say that I didn't do the edging exactly as the pattern suggested, but that's just me (the edging would be the top part of this shawl). You can get the pattern here and do what you will with it: Dream Stripes






I also ventured into the world of baby stuff. Now I have a reason why I don't always do this, and you would think that as a compulsive knitter I would love to do baby stuff. But my problem with baby items is that they grow out of sweaters, hats, and socks sooo fast! As a mom, I know this. I do enjoy making baby blankets though, and have several of those in my queue, since we can make them nice and big to last several years as a nice comfy (and washable) blankie.




This was a super fun papoose to make, but you can't find it electronically, only through a book, which has many cute patterns :D
  Knitting Gifts for Baby: by Mel Clark













Another mystery knit a long that is fun to mention, would be the Jimmy Bean Outlander Knit a Long.

  The yarn is just beautiful! You can find their hand picked yarn at the Jimmy Bean website.

  This is a fun mystery knit a long with any yarn, though so please come join the fun!




Hmm, anything else? Well, I do have two items up for sale on ebay, as I'm trying to get some money, so here those are: Lace Shawl and Baby Papoose. And of course, please go check out my Facebook page Tangledmania Shoppe and my etsy shop page, Tangledmania Shoppe.

  Much love to everyone, and I truly do hope that things are going swimmingly. If you need anything, you know where to find me!! In my chair knitting or crocheting and cuddling with the best kids I've ever known!!