Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Child Abuse

Do you know what bothers me about that phrase? What bothers  me is the what if. As a child I was abused and neglected pretty badly by my mother and older sister and had nowhere to run. When it first started I was devestated and ran to the elementary school near my home to swing on the swings and simply cry. My speech therapist teacher saw me, walked up to ask me what was wrong, I didn't know what to say.. I just cried and she walked away. The abuse continued for another 8 years and got worse.
  So that is what bothers me, children die every day because people minded their own business. Maybe that little boy in Maine would be alive if people didn't mind their own business, maybe Casey Anthony's daughter would be alive if people didn't mind their own business and countless of other innocent children who are abused every day and it's never reported.
  Ever read "A Boy Called It?" That is a good example of how that boy suffered at his mother's hands and nobody did anything even though it was suspected. What is wrong with people? Why shouldn't we get personal? Why shouldn't we let ourselves care and get involved? Sure it may put us in danger, but we're adults now, not innocent children. If it's nothing, awesome.. But what if what you see that doesn't look right is something.
  There was an 11 year old boy who had been kidnapped and held until he was 16 by his pedophile kidnapper, he said people knew he was there and even said they thought he looked like a kidnapped kid, but they didn't want to get involved in case they were wrong.
  Or what about that guy who kidnapped the Smart girl out of her bed and paraded her around to parties with his wife. Didn't somebody think that was weird? Some people asked about it but nobody did anything active. What is wrong with people, are they just do damn lazy, scared or simply afraid to do anything? The world isn't like a horror story where if you stick your nose in someone else's business they'll always stalk you and kill you or harrass you. And even if they do, so what, maybe you saved a child's life. Sometimes people truly do disgust me and make me cry.