Hall of Finished Projects 2016-All

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Blocking.. Alternatives

Okay, so sometimes a little imagination is called for. Before this horrible cold that has made me barely be able to move descended, I had found (well my husband found it while cleaning out the hall closet) a sweater dryer! If you don't know what is, here is a link to one I found on amazon.com Sweater Rack. This thing is awesome for blocking parts of sweaters, I mean think about it. The sweater rests on a netting that you can place pins or clips between the sweater and the netting and voila! Leave it to dry. I wouldn't wonder it will dry faster then on blocking boards, eh?

Well, once I finish the back of a sweater called Augusta Cardigan from New England Knits by Cecily Glowik Macdonald and Melissa LaBarre I'm going to block it on this, just to see. Should be an interesting experiment. Wish me luck!